Thursday, December 13, 2012

OFF TO MINGLE...HO HO HO!!!

Tonight is momentous...I am going to a Christmas quilt guild meeting!  The lone wolf quilter is looking for a pack at last.

On the schedule for tonight is a potluck dinner, gift exchange and a speaker.  I will finally meet real life quilters, flesh and blood folks who might be as obsessed as I am.  It would be nice to know I'm not all alone.  I mean, I know all my cyber-quilting friends are "real", but sometimes its just not the same, you know.
My contribution to the potluck is a blackberry cobbler, my Granny Clarke's recipe.  It's what we call a the "One Fruit Cobbler", i.e. one stick of butter, one cup of flour, etc.  It is probably one of the most delicious desserts around.  Granny's motto was to KISS her food (keep it simple, silly) and it really works for this cobbler.

My gift is Triangles on a Roll--wrapped in a Christmas plaid homespun fat quarter...I actually parted with fabric...it can be done.  ALERT THE PRESSES!  I'd like to have it, so I figured other people would like it too.  Looking at my package, I understand one of the reasons I enjoy being crafty: its so things look like I want them to look.  Glossy, sleek, polished--its not me.  I like things home-y, crafty, warm and approachable...I want what I give people to have a tiny piece of me in it.


So it's off to be social, I am.  I'm NOT unsociable, I'm just a little shy at first but sometimes I appear to be stand-offish so I don't get approached which makes me more stand-offish...vicious cycle.  Let's hope this is a win, because I need friends who like to do what I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment