Monday, December 10, 2012

The Voice = Quality Hand Binding

Sara's quilt came back from The Quilters Touch so it's binding time.  I've got my tiny applique needles, my lavender thread, my boyfriend's younger eyes (for threading) and THE VOICE!  I finished Allyson's a few weeks ago during the Battle Rounds and time just flew.  Who knew that multi-tasking would be so awesome?  Adam Levine is quite possibly the yummiest thing around.

There is something very Zen and calming about binding a quilt by hand.  Once I get in the zone, its one of the most relaxing things around.  Of course, I hate asking Matthew (boyfriend with younger eyes) to thread my needle all the time, but something about that tiny needle eye and the lavender thread just isn't working for me.  I've even got my reading glasses on, but I can't thread that darn needle!  It's a good thing I sew mostly by feel or it could be a mess. 



It's hard to believe that Sara's Sampler is almost done.  It's been folded up in a Rubbermaid tub for about 10 years.  I don't know why I never had it quilted...time, money, sadness at its being done and my baby being a big girl...who knows?  She and her sisters have been hammering on me pretty hard the last year or so to get their quilts out of the tub and onto a bed, so I have two down and only Katelyn's square in a square to get quilted.  It's a wonderful feeling of completion to have them done, but also a little sad, but I can't explain why.  Maybe its the end of a chapter?

Well, anyhoo, theirs may have taken over a decade to get done, but Baby Weston's I-spy was pieced, basted and practically quilted in a month.  If Godzilla hadn't mutinied on me yesterday, I would be binding his quilt instead.  Motivation is the key!

No comments:

Post a Comment