Saturday, January 12, 2013

Easy Street Reveal

Finally got the big Easy Street reveal and now I understand why some people wait for the reveal before they pick their colors, color placements, etc.

Block A...I wish now that I had switched the reds for yellows or yellows for greens...
Ok, maybe Block B will make it work...
Alright...stil not feeling it, but I'm going to go ahead and audition a border--maybe that will make a difference?
Well, my border ideas (not set in stone) DO help to pull out the colors I meant to make the quilt pop which have somehow become recessive. I'll keep playing with it and see what happens. I don't want to have to rename my Easy Street "Skid Row"...

6 comments:

  1. Sharon, I think your blocks look good but because I love red, I agree that red where the yellow is and yellow where the green is would have been gorgeous. Still, your red border will pull the eye to the red in the blocks. This is my first mystery quilt. Mysteries are very interesting....

    ReplyDelete
  2. your outer border choice is great. I love your blocks too, hang in there it will turn out great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice colors Cheryl, it will be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you are right that the border will make all the difference. The red frame looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aren't we hard on ourselves? I think your quilt looks very good, but if it isn't turning out the way you envisioned it, I can understand your disappointment. We who had no preconceived idea as to what it "should" be, just see beautiful blocks! I do think the red border is a nice touch. : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is amazing how different a block can look in comparison to a whole quilt top. I think it will look fabulous when done. The yellow adds a sunshine effect!! I think during each step the quilt looks a bit different and it's hard to judge how it will look when complete. Don't be too hard on yourself. Love it and others will too.

    ReplyDelete